Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu and Arlen Specter

I have a sinus infection or something of that sort that is wearing me out today. I'm going home in a bit to try and get some sleep that I have missed the last 2 nights. I'm sure you are all happy to know that. :)
________________________________________________________________

I don't know what makes the swine flu worse than the regular flu. The deaths from this flu are tragic but I hear about deaths from the flu every year. I certainly don't want it and hope those who have it will recover.

I can't imagine the death of a 23 month old from swine flu. My heart goes out to that family.
________________________________________________________________

Arlen Specter has converted from Republican to Democrat. I don't understand how a sitting legislator can do that and it not require an immediate vote to see if the people of his state want to replace him. It should certainly apply both ways but I don't think it's fair to the country or the people he represents for him to change his party affiliation without laying out his reasoning and being subjected to a new election under the new party.
________________________________________________________________

I used to eat and breathe politics. Now I don't want to think about it much. At what point the voting is over, there's not much I can control. However, the change of Specter's affiliation and the pending Minnesota race can give the Democrats a super majority in the Senate (I think) and that does give me some concern.
________________________________________________________________

The Mavericks beat San Antonio and I didn't see a minute of it. I don't like the team, I don't care for the coach and the owner can easily turn me off. From what little I've seen, I would be a fan if the keep JJ Berea and Bass and ship the rest off and only bring in players I approve of.
________________________________________________________________

The Rangers are back to .500 and battling through some games for wins. Go Rangers!
________________________________________________________________

God is so good. As I learn to trust him more each day, I find life to be more and more peaceful. It doesn't mean things are perfect or I don't encounter problems but there is peace.

I hope you are finding the blessings, love, mercy, grace and hope that God affords everyone single one of us.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I really question the media using terms like "pandemic" to describe this. The travel industry is already taking a beating, and now this?

I'm with you. Any deaths from flu are sad. But to shut down schools, travel, etc?

As to Arlene Specter: I remember when Phil Graham switched from Democrat to Republican years ago. There was a special election at that time, and he still held his seat. That was in the House, though. ?