Friday, April 03, 2009

3 More Sleeps...

until Opening Day at The Ballpark! I think I heard that the Rangers won a record number of spring training games this year. I don't know what that means for the regular season but I find with the Rangers, you celebrate what you can.
__________________________________________________________________

Tragedy struck a Bridgeport family yesterday. I still don't know the whole story but a guy rammed a police car killing the officer and leaving a wife and 5 year old girl without their husband and dad coming home. I offered up a prayer for them last night but really didn't even know what to say other than leaving it in God's hands to hold them up and to let them see Him in this.

I was in one of our stores the other day helping the manager interview people. A question I often ask is "tell me a difficulty you have worked through and what you learned from it." Her difficulty was that her 19 year old son was shot and killed a few years ago and what she learned was to quit hating God and let Him into her heart so He could bring healing and peace. She admitted she still struggles but is getting closer to God everyday.

I don't understand what's going on at times but I know He is there and He wants to help me overcome what obstacles are thrown in my way.

I hope you find peace and joy that only comes from God.

No comments: