Monday, April 13, 2009

Charge!

An Angel won the Masters. Some guy from Argentina. My man Phil made a good run at it and Kenny Perry had it in the bag then blew it.
________________________________________________________________

The Rangers bullpen stinks!
________________________________________________________________

Obama pulled the trigger on rescuing the freighter captain. He allowed Navy snipers to take out the pirates. Now, the pirates are saying they will strike back. They must be nuts.
________________________________________________________________

I spent a good part of the weekend watching our youth kids compete at LTC. It's a fun experience every time I go - being with friends and watching our kids perform. It takes a lot of effort to pull it off and I'm thankful for all the people who work with the kids all year to prepare them.
________________________________________________________________

I saw the "hot dog man" yesterday at church in Fort Worth. Some of you may remember the hot dog vendor at Rangers games who had a very distinct way of announcing that he was selling hot dogs. I've mimicked his voice with my kids from time to time. He was a celebrity of sorts and I've often wondered what happened to him. I found out yesterday. He has laid down his celebrity status so he can spend more time serving God. He realized the celebrity was all about him and was taking him down a road he didn't want to keep traveling.

I miss the hot dog man at ballgames but I much rather hear his compelling story of a desire to serve God.
_______________________________________________________________

Our Savior is risen. He is no longer in the tomb. He defeated death for me and for you. Rejoice!

3 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I was pulling for Perry.

You didn't say where you saw the hot dog man. Was it at the ballpark or what? I would like to know more about his story.

Jeff said...

He was at church in Ft. Worth. They had a brief video of him talking with the preacher and I didn't recognize him at first. The video was brief and I bet the longer version would be compelling.

Rick Ross said...

Sorry, I missed the line about at church in Ft. Worth. Interesting.