Wednesday, June 04, 2008

What A Day

If you read my post yesterday, you know I was struggling through it being a mentally-manageable day. In the end, it was much more trying than I would have ever expected but also I constantly reminded myself to trust God to help me carry the burdens of the day and it was more peaceful than I first imagined. What I really brought home at the end of the day was the desire to grow into a relationship with God where I instinctively rely on Him instead of reminding myself that it's not all about me and what I decide to do.
________________________________________________________________

If you are reading this on June 4, please be sure to read the verse of the day on the right-hand side of my blog.
________________________________________________________________


This weekend is my son's last baseball tournament of the year. He's playing better than ever and I'm sad to see the season come to a close while he's having so much success but it's time for Camp Deer Run, a trip to Brazil, Uplift, vacation and Fortress - trips all or some of us are involved in. As I look at our full agenda for the summer, the one thing that makes me smile is that so much of what we are involved in is related to a desire to serve God and to grow in our relationship with Him. I don't say that out of personal pride but joy and thankfulness that God has surrounded me with so many people, especially family, that love Him. God is good.
________________________________________________________________

Tonight I get an opportunity to speak to our youth group about prayer. I have wrestled with this topic for several weeks now and it is something I will be studying for weeks to come because I feel like I'm only scratching the surface of what God wants me to understand. I worry that I won't be able to present what I'm feeling very well but have an excitement inside me because of what I have started to see and understand. I am praying that God will let His message come through me tonight and I will be able to share some of the joy I am finding in this study with the kids tonight.

I hope you join me today in a journey to seek God and know His peace.

No comments: