Thursday, June 26, 2008

Home Again

I'm back in Decatur and had a good night sleep in my own bed. It was a wonderful feeling to be home and without much problem. Our trip to Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil was wonderful and I believe God was active in everything we did. We saw and experienced some wonderful things and met old friends and made lots of new ones. I hope the seeds we planted in Aracaju bear fruit and the church there grows in spirit and number. Just in case you missed it, check out http://decaturmissions.blogspot.com for information from our trip. I hope to have some pictures and video posted online before long but need to get caught up in several places first.

It was so nice to see my wife and children when I stepped off the bus. Being home is a great feeling after being gone so long. It was also nice to ride in a suburban and truck some yesterday after going everywhere in either a subcompact taxi or on a bus.

I'm still in a bit of a fog. My exhaustion from the trip hit me hard yesterday afternoon and I sure haven't recovered yet. I came to work a bit earlier than normal today because I'm sure this afternoon will go downhill mentally at some point.

I'll try to get back in the posting groove before long but bear with me. I've got a busy 6 days ahead of me before leaving for a Colorado vacation with my family.

2 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

It is great to be home and sleep in my own bed too - I slept really hard. It is great to be home, but I already miss Brazil. I wish that there was not so many miles between us. It was a great trip.

Rick Ross said...

Everyone I have talked to said it was incredible. I am glad things went so well. But also glad you all are back safely.

Don't try to get sympathy from us because you HAVE to get ready for vacation in Colorado.