Friday, June 06, 2008

9 Days and Counting

Our Aracaju travel group leaves in 9 days. My son goes to camp in 2 days. We have some birthdays to celebrate within the next 2 weeks. Work is piling up around me. My suitcase needs to go on a diet. There are some things involved in preparing for a trip that create moments of stress and I think I'm finding a few of those.

I am still soliciting your prayers for our team that is going to Aracaju. We leave next Sunday and will return 10 days later. Everyone who has been is excited and all the new travelers have a mix of excitement and trepidation over what they are going to experience. There will be some specific prayer requests found at decaturmissions.blogspot.com and there will be updates from our trip posted when possible. I ask you to be in prayer for us today and throughout our trip, that our time and our message will glorify God and lead the lost to Him.
_________________________________________________________________

I watched some of the Celtics-Lakers game last night. It seemed to be tight until the 2nd half (which I saw less of). I'm not sure who I would prefer to win and I'm not cheering for either team but there is a chance I'll watch more pro basketball over the next week than I have all year. Then again, maybe not.

The Rangers are back to .500 but can't get over the hump. They're only 6.5 back and the Angels never know when the injury bug might bite. So far, the Rangers have lost the games I have attended but won the following night so anyone interested in going should call, get my schedule and go the next night.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I cannot stand "Guru Phil" Jackson. And although Kobe may be in the top 5 greatest basketball players ever, I find it hard to root for him. So I am rooting for Boston. I liked watching Paul Pierce come back out last night and rally his team to a victory.

Melissa Taylor said...

I think I am rooting for Boston too. I am sick of the Lakers winning - kind of like the Yankees. Ugh...it is time for someone else. I am feeling a little anxious about Aracaju, but I know all my anxieties will go away once we get there. It will be great.