Friday, June 13, 2008

Between the Eyes and Straight to the Heart

Today's scripture hit me right between the eyes and is seeping into my heart as I think about it. Even in our evil ways, if we are working to do good, the Lord gives us the Holy Spirit to help us. God is good. I have been overwhelmed in the past few years as I have studied and prayed for God to reveal Himself to me by His mercy and love for me. I am slowly realizing that no matter what I've done, no matter what has happened to me in this life, there is One who will give me anything and everything I need - even though I do things I shouldn't, things that are not in God's will - I can return to Him. I have learned what it is to feel His forgiveness and I feel like the next step in my journey is to learn to use the Holy Spirit to help me be strong in times of weakness.

I ask for your prayers today. Sunday I will be leaving home and family for Aracaju, Brazil. I ask for strength to focus on God's call for me while I am there. It's hard to be away. I also ask that you pray for my family while I am gone and that they feel my love for every one of them even though I'm not there for a period of days.

I am brimming with excitement and fear as I leave for this journey. I am praying that God will use me and mold me while I am gone and that He will prepare the way for me when I return.

No comments: