Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sports and Thoughts

I stayed up watching the Rangers last night and was rewarded for my lack of sleep around 11:00 when Ramon Vasquez hit a walk-off home run in the bottom of the 10th. It was a crazy game that both teams should have put away and neither team really deserved to win but I'm glad the Rangers came out on top. They are still toying just under the .500 mark and only 4.5 games out of 1st place. In the end, they don't have to win it all for me to be happy but just be competitive. They are doing that right now and I retract my earlier remarks that the sky is falling on the Rangers.
_________________________________________________________________

I'm going to recommend The Shack as a book to read. I finished it last night and have a myriad of thoughts from it and about it. I am recommending for one reason only; it has made me think, rethink and think some more about how big God is, about how far He goes with us and how He works in ways I cannot imagine. It has pushed me to start taking down the mental borders of where I think God works and to give Him control of everything instead of me thinking I can share control and see the parameters of where God works.

The book is written as a true story yet I still think of it as fiction. I just can't believe it's real but for now will accept that God can do whatever God wants to do whether I believe it or not. I think there will be a lot of people who read it and use it to point out areas of liberal theology. Others may read it and use it to state no rules exist and whatever we want to do is just OK. Others, and I hope it will be the biggest percentage, who read it will simply grow in a desire to know God better.

I don't understand God and don't know that I will while on this earth but I do know I want to get closer to knowing Him and understanding Him and to do that, I have to quit thinking about God in the box that I'm comfortable with and let God express Himself to me in the way He desires. That's not easy but where I am today.

I think this is a journey that will be tumultuous at times but will lead me to peace in Him, through Him.

1 comment:

Melissa Taylor said...

I guess I fell asleep while watching the game last night. The last I knew the Rangers were up going into the 9th inning. I can't believe they blew that lead after so many walks. I guess I should've stayed up.