Wednesday, May 28, 2008

End of School

It amazes me that another school year is almost over. My baby girl goes to high school next year and I'm still not fully accepting that. My children have now blown through the elementary and intermediate schools - it doesn't seem right. When I slow down long enough to reflect on their growth, I'm struck by how big they are getting; physically and emotionally. It scares me that they will be gone before long but reminds me how I want to cherish the time they are here.

They have both blown me away this year with their academic achievement. I know parents think their kids are the brightest and best looking ever and I'll sign up for that role. I am very proud of how they have done in school and thankful they got their mother's smarts and good looks.
_________________________________________________________________

Tonight at church, the incoming 7th graders get to come meet with the youth group. Both the kids will now be a part of this program which has been an absolute blessing to our church. Our youth minister, Jacob and his wife, Heather have been incredible leaders, examples and friends to so many kids who have come through our doors. I joke with Jacob at times that he is now responsible for raising my children but, in fact, he and Heather take on a role of being a teacher and mentor to the kids which allows them to be a great influence in these kids lives. I am so thankful for these two and the love and passion they both share for our youth.
_________________________________________________________________

How 'bout them Rangers? They are still hanging in there but can't seem to get over the .500 hump. It's just fun to watch them play some competitive baseball. They beat the Tampa Bay Rays last night who, surprisingly, own the best record in baseball. Go Rangers!

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

We are blessed as a church to have Jacob and Heather and Mia. They are incredible!