Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Tale of Two Trips

It's hard to come back from two weeks in a foreign country, get caught up at work and then be gone on vacation for a week but I'm sure I will suffer through it somehow. :)

What continues to strike me is remembering the place I have been and seeing the living conditions of so many and realizing this next week is such a blessing. In some ways I feel guilty. The Brazil trip was to serve and edify and this trip seems in many ways selfish. A week of leisure, cool climate, fishing and doing little while others a continent away may not even dream of such a trip.

I trust that there is nothing wrong with a vacation and that it will give me a time to refocus and refresh. I also believe that the imagery of the differences in the weeks is a gift from God, a gift that will remain a blessing to me and hopefully to others I touch. The gift of seeing my blessing and not taking even the smallest joy for granted. God blesses all of us in different ways and I hope everyone who reads this will remember to thank Him for whatever blessings you enjoy.

This coming week is a treat for our family. A time together without any pressures from the world. A time to soak in His creation, to be with each other without a schedule and a time to reflect. This year, I will enjoy it more than ever because I have been reminded of how blessed I am to have a Father who loves me, protects me and has mercy on me.

Thank you Lord.

No comments: