Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Hands

So often, I think I can manage things that I can "get my hands around." I find myself trying to control too much and leaving God out of the process. I get caught up in what I can do and forget what He can do. One of my cousin's sent the following to me and it's a good reminder for me. I hope you enjoy it.

Hands (modified by me)

A basketball in my hands is worth about $15 but a basketball in LeBron James' hands is worth $20 million. It depends on whose hands it is in.
A baseball in my hands is worth about $4 but a baseball in Alex Rodriquez's hands is worth $25 million. It depends on whose hands it is in.
A tennis racket in my hand is good for chasing varmints but a tennis racket in Venus Williams' hands can win championships. It depends on whose hands it is in.
A rod in my hands may keep a wild animal away but a rod in Moses' hand can part a sea. It depends on whose hands it is in.
A sling shot in my hands is a toy but a sling shot in the hands of David can slay a giant. It depends on whose hands it is in.
Two fish and 5 loaves of bread in my hands may be supper for me and a friend but two fish and 5 loaves in God's hand will feed thoushands. It depends on whose hands it is in.
Nails in my hands might produce a birdhouse but nails in the hands of Jesus produced salvation for an entire world. It depends on whose hands it is in.

Put your concerns, your worries, your fears, your hopes, your dreams, your family and your life in God's hands because peace depends on whose hands it is in.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Jeff,

I love that piece. Thanks for sharing.