Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Smoking Hot

This weather doesn't make me a happy camper. Even while I'm thinking how miserable this is, I look back at my experiences in Brazil, I hear what's happening in the middle east, I read about the fires out west and know a bit of heat isn't as hard on my life as conditions for many others.

I have so much to be thankful for and considered, for a moment, listing what I could think of but know I would leave something (or worse, someone) off my list. So, I will be brief and just say that God is so good to me. I could and should spend a great deal of time thinking about how wonderfully blessed I am. I am often reminded by what I see that my life is so good. That thought propels me to a thoughts of a greater blessing. It really isn't this life that should concern me so much but it's the next life, a life in Heaven that I should focus on. I spent time on my vacation discussing with my son what Heaven might be like. It was started with a conversation about how cool the mini-golf course in Heaven must be (if you'd seen him on vacation, you would understand) and whether he would see relatives and friends and it went from there. I told him I thought part of Heaven had to be just like Colorado with beautiful rivers and plenty of trout. We finished up agreeing that neither of us can probably truly imagine how wonderful Heaven will be but we both want to be there.

I'm thankful for my life but ever mindful that I'm more thankful for a life that was given for my eternal salvation.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Golf courses! You forgot the golf courses!