Sunday, July 16, 2006

Home, Hot Home

We left Colorado yesterday morning when the temperature was 45 degrees and as we came through Wichita Falls we saw a high of 106 degrees. Amazing. We were sad to leave Colorado because of the wonderful and peaceful time we had. It was a great trip and one we are already looking forward to for next year. We built on our friendship with the Medford family who have been going to Fun Valley for several years. They are sweet, fun people and we look forward to seeing them next year. We met so many people this year, some from Decatur who we didn't know, others who knew someone from Decatur (especially coaches), some who knew relatives and some who lived in a different part of the country but knew NRS.
The fishing picked up as the week went along and I ended up catching more fish on dry flies. For flyfishermen out there, you know how much fun dries can be over nymphing. My son caught his first fish on a fly rod. I think it might have been a bigger thrill for me but I enjoyed every minute of having him in the river with me. I think he played 6-8 rounds of mini-golf everday and my daughter tried to wear the tires off the bikes.
It was a great week and I am so thankful for the time of rest, relaxation and seeing the beauty of southwest Colorado. All the while, it is good to be home in comfortable surroundings and it was a blessing to be at church today while worshipping with our family.

No comments: