Thursday, December 22, 2011

It Should All Be Fun and Games

What a night.  I was supposed to leave work early to meet some missionaries for dinner but stayed late helping an employee and friend through a small minefield.  I was going to go home for a nice dinner and watch a movie and relax (which I still accomplished) but it was between texts and phone calls with one friend who's dad was in the ER for chest pains and another friend who was dealing with two children who were making bad decisions and paying the consequences for them. 

Oh, how my heart hurts for these people, for the pain and stress of what these issues are bringing them at a time that is supposed to be filled with joy. 

I can't help but to go to Ephesians 6 over and over, never more than last night.

Lord, come quickly.  In the meantime, keep my friends strong and give me the wisdom to help how I can.  And, if I can ask this, thump the enemy on his head really, really hard.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: