Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Challenge

Life.  It's a challenge.  I have good days and bad days but what about all the days in between?  What about the average days?  the sick days?  the blah days where I just don't feel sharp?  What am I going to do with them?  It's those days I have to keep my eyes open and trust God will use me.

Last night, I'm sitting in my office way past the time I wanted to go when a friend calls to say her marriage is in crisis and she doesn't know what to do.  It's in those times that I hear God say, "here's your opportunity today".  Oh, how I hurt for my friend and her husband right now.  I hope my words were of some comfort and I hope the prayer we prayed on the phone and the prayers in days to come will drive away the enemy of peace and joy and love so that God will reign in the hearts of these two people and in their marriage. 

I'm glad she called because I've allowed myself to get too busy, too involved, too physically and emotionally exhausted and I'm failing in keeping my walk one where I am pursuing God.  Thankfully, he sends reminders my way to help me renew my focus.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: