Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The Most Risky Profession | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

The Most Risky Profession | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

Interesting article.

It's never far from my mind how I spent years filling a church pew, doing the "right" things and never really knowing God. I can't help but wonder how many people in church services are there because it's the "right" thing to do or participate in activities because it's the "right" thing to do. I'm not judging them, only reflecting on the question of whether anyone else is in the same position I was, playing the part instead of being the disciple. I don't want to step foot in a church or take part in an activity related to a congregation because it's the "right" thing to do. I have and will continue to pass on being busy in favor of knowing I am seeking God's will. Some may think my distinction is a matter of semantics but I know, for me, it's a matter of following my heart for God. I hope my pride or my "right"eousness ever gets in the way of my pure and unadulterated service to my Lord. I have so far to go to be the child I want to be but it simply starts with another step forward each day. If I'm willing, he will make the lead me on the path.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: