Thursday, January 22, 2009

Go Cardinals

There's an email going around about Kurt Warner's story. He's the QB for the Arizona Cardinals and I remember hearing about his struggle to make it to the NFL when he was with the Rams but I had forgotten some of the details. If you want a good read, go to www.snopes.com and type Kurt Warner in the search function. I'll be rooting for Warner and the Cardinals to do the unlikely and bring home a Super Bowl trophy.
________________________________________________________________

It was a tragic day in Decatur yesterday. A sophomore girl on her way to school had a wreck that killed her. I cannot begin to imagine what her parents are dealing with and pray that I won't have to but my heart goes out to them. Please offer up a prayer for the Lunt family today.
________________________________________________________________

I never have really figured out the "ask, seek, knock" scripture. I feel like I have asked and sought and knocked only to hear or see nothing. I wonder what's going on that I follow the steps and...nothing. Am I asking for the wrong thing? If that's the case, why ask if I'm not sure I'm asking for the right thing. Am I seeking the wrong thing? If that's the case, why look? Am I knocking at the wrong time? If that's the case, when is a better time?

I am OK with the idea that God will allow us to wait but there comes a time when waiting turns to frustration and frustration turns to apathy but I realize that those are my emotions, my feelings. We used to sing a song that said "Lord teach me to wait..."

I hope I will perfect my waiting skills and will spend my time preparing myself for what God wants me to have.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I cannot even pretend to know what that family is feeling today. I do wish people would not give them un-theological answers, like God took her because He has a special plan for her. No, it is a tragedy made possible because Satan made this a fallen world where bad things can happen to good people. And when it happened, God hurt right along with them.