Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A Bad Day For Red Trucks

With the ice comes replay after replay of the same accident that got caught on film. Yesterday it was a red truck and I saw it a couple of times on the evening news. My wife said it had been on all day. Nothing like a video of a red truck spinning around in circles to give the news folks something to talk about.

What confounds me is when there is ice, they show it all day. We know there is ice and we know the dangers and we know it's everywhere. When tornadoes are coming our way and we don't know exactly where they are, they pop on and tell us to duck and then go back to regular programming. I don't get it. I suppose it's easier to report on something that is tangible and easy to spot as opposed to a tornado that may or may not form but the thing that might pick my house up and set it down in a different town worries me more.

I bet I won't get hired to run a TV station anytime soon.
_______________________________________________________________

On the bright side, Rangers pitchers and catchers report to spring training in just over 2 weeks. Play ball! The Rangers are working on signing Ben Sheets who was a hard throwing pitcher for Milwaukee until some elbow problems slowed him down. If he's healed and the Rangers can get a deal done it will make some games more entertaining. I think if they can run Sheets, Millwood and Padilla to the bump they will be more competitive this year. Millwood isn't a #1 and moving him back a spot could help his confidence. Padilla needs another year like last year and he'll get a fat contract somewhere next year.
_______________________________________________________________

Stay warm and safe today.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

You share my feelings about the inane weather reporting when we have any kind of freezing precip.

I have a question. You mentioned Rangers' pitchers showing up for spring training. I didn't know they had any pitchers.