Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Brrrrr

The TV stations will be filled up with ice-talk today. My short drive to work was easy. The ground is wet but not icy along my path although the drizzle was turning to ice on my windshield. One employee who comes from the north hit an icy patch and spun around but no serious damage. It sounds like it will just get worse today - be careful out there.
_________________________________________________________________

Today's scripture that popped up on my blog is one I am finally beginning to understand. “For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." (See Ephesians 6:12-13) In the past, when the battle came to me, I fought back against flesh and blood which is exactly what the evil forces wanted me to do - move my focus from the real enemy to someone or something that would pull me further in the direction I didn't need to go. I have talked about fighting demons but then tried to assign the fight to something/someone tangible. It's hard to fight the battle against an unseen force when I try to fight the battle myself.

The beauty of what I have finally learned and experienced is allowing the Holy Spirit to fight the battle through me. The glory of God shines when I allow Him to work through me instead of working for what I think would be best and serve His purpose. It has been a difficult transition for me, having to let go of what I thought was best and waiting to hear God's call for me, but it has been a wonderful transition because it has allowed me to see a power that is beyond imagination.

I thank God for allowing me to be His servant and pray that I will continue to open my heart to be molded by Him and I hope this for you too.

No comments: