Monday, July 14, 2008

In The Groove

It's tough getting back in the groove after a vacation. I'm struggling to do that now but I witnessed quite a groove on TV Monday night. Did you see Josh Hamilton in the Home Run Derby? WOW! It was a show though the ending was anti-climatic with Hamilton seemingly worn out from his first round phenomena. Just goes to show it's not how you start but how you finish.
____________________________________________________________

My trip to Colorado was wonderful. We stayed at Fun Valley, our regular hang-out since 2003 and met up with the Medford family that has been in the cabin next to us for those years. We enjoyed camp fires at night (can you believe that if you are living in Texas?), good fishing during the day in 40-50 degree water, good food (not the best but the hamburgers are cooked on an old grill and come out juicy) and plenty of games of air hockey. We had a family tournament. I was the #1 seed going in to the bracket play and came out in 4th place. My son won barely beating my daughter for 1st place. Just 51 more weeks before I go back.
____________________________________________________________

How 'bout them Rangers? They probably won't contend for the World Series but I've been with them through seasons where I couldn't give away tickets in July and August but the guys are playing good ball through the first half of the season and making it fun to go to the ballpark. I'm looking forward to the August 2 game against the Blue Jays. If all things work out, I'll be there with my son playing catch in the outfield before the game. Fun stuff and great memories.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I am glad you and your family had a time of refreshing in Colorado. I am curious, though. Didn't you go fishing? Why were you eating hamburger, then?