Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Comebacks

I almost gave up on the Rangers last night. I was ready to turn it off after CJ Wilson came out for another lackluster performance and Ramon Vasquez made his 3rd error of the night that cost 2 runs putting the Mariners ahead of the Rangers. I was tired and ready to sleep but couldn't push the button to turn the game off. What a finish. Vasquez had been booed after his 3rd error (something I hate the fans to do) but came up to bat with two men on base and ripped a shot to the right-center gap just out of reach of Ichiro scoring the two baserunners and giving Texas the win. Cool stuff.
________________________________________________________________

We got a (very) little rain overnight. It didn't register in the rain gauges apparently but it was good to see a little water on the ground. It just feels cooler outside.
________________________________________________________________

Here'a poem I got by email the other day. It was a good reminder for me.

I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven's door,
Not by the beauty of it all
Nor the lights or its decor.

But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp,
The thieves, liars and sinners
The alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from 7th grade
Who swiped my lunch money twice,
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.

Herb who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Sitting pretty on cloud nine
Looking incredible well.

I nudged Jesus and asked what's the deal?
I would love to hear your take,
How'd all these sinners get up here?
God must've made a mistake.

And why is everyone so quiet
So somber - give me a clue,
Hush child, He said, they're all in shock
They didn't think they'd be seeing you.

I'm captivated today by how God looks at sinners because that is what I am - no better and no worse than the next one. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound.

No comments: