Thursday, July 31, 2008

Enough Already

I realize I've been on a Rangers kick of late but they are keeping me up watching late inning comebacks and it's kind of fun. I'm headed to the ballpark on Saturday and ended up scoring some tickets on Monday for the Yankees (upper deck seats that will probably be surrounded with Yankees fans - fight, fight!). Saturday will be a cool day. My son and I get to play catch in the outfield before the teams take the field for batting practice. We've done it once before and it's a neat experience. It's amazing how expansive the outfield is and how much ground they have to cover. Maybe I will get some pictures.
_______________________________________________________________

I don't know how many of you saw the "Wife Swap" episode that included a family from Alvord (Wife Swap is a TV show where they take a mom from two families and swap them. The women and families are VERY different and the families live with their new moms with the regular rules for a few days and then live with the new moms rules for a few days. Alvord is just north of Decatur.) but one of the kids from the Alvord family was at church last night. The show portrayed them as out of control kids but the one I met was very nice and polite. I can only imagine the show eggs on a bit of drama for the ratings.
_______________________________________________________________

We got rain yesterday. It was wonderful and I can only imagine some people will feel better today because of the rain yesterday. I think I do!

I'm praying for peace today - peace for the battles going on in the world and peace that only God can bring to our lives.

2 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

So the Rangers are giving us some exciting games, but it is frustrating to be so far out of first, huh? Love Wife Swap - saw that episode and thought that they made Texas look bad. Interesting thought though...what would they see if they filmed at my house for 2 weeks? That is why I am not going on Wife Swap!!! Plus, my kids said they wouldn't be able to handle a different mom (they are afraid of getting some crazy lady)!

Melissa Taylor said...

Hey...I feel like I've moved up in the world. Thanks for adding me to your list of blogs! I feel so cool now!