Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Going...Going...Gone

EDIT NOTE: After writing my blog, I went to Melissa Taylor's and saw that she is posting pictures of our Brazil trip. Check them out at http://thetaylorfamilytree.blogspot.com.

The last day of work before a vacation is always hard. I feel like I have started to mentally check-out but still need to get some things done today while my mind is already headed up 287 on it's way to cooler climate, fish and camp fires. I'm looking forward to our annual retreat and what it always does for me mentally and emotionally. I can't wait.

One of the things I always appreciate the most about this time is seeing the majesty of God in His creation. The mountains and streams of Colorado are also my picture of heaven (my picture includes bigger fish and more stamina to get up and down the mountains) and when I am there, I can't help but take time to just look and see what He can do. It's a beautiful place and when I am there, I always feel pulled closer to God.

If the campground has any Internet access, I might blog about something going on but for now I plan to be taking the next several days off from blogging. I hope to have lots of good fishing stories when I get back.

No comments: