Thursday, July 24, 2008

Back Again

I've returned from Salado and the humidity generated by Hurricane Dolly. My son and I went to a Round Rock Express baseball game Tuesday night and 30 minutes or so before the game, a downpour rolled in. It looked like it was pouring down over the field and barely raining in the parking lot. Within 10 minutes, it was gone as fast as it came.

Nolan Ryan and his family own the baseball team and through a connection I have, we were setting in their family seats. Unfortunately, Nolan wasn't available to sit by me and carry on a long conversation but we did sit next to his son Reid for a little while. It wasn't a good game for the Express but we had fun watching a bunch of guys who are a pulled groin or sprained ankle away from moving up to the big leagues.

It's good to be home for a bit. Since June I have been on the go and kept my suitcase sitting out ready for the next trip. I was able to put it away for awhile yesterday and was glad to see it go for a bit. Now I'm just waiting on cooler weather. Whew.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Vancouver -- 68 degrees. I'm trying to be patient.