Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Unbelievable

The Mavs won in overtime. I don't know how but they did. The refs rode them hard in the second half but I was exasperated that the Mavs didn't fight back. For most of the second half, they refused to drive hard to the lane and get fouled. Stackhouse drives me crazy with his desire to stay outside the 3 point line. Terry would drive and then pull up 7 feet away. Van Horn has only heard what it's like to shoot a layup. Dirk was the only one to push it and even he backed off some during the 3rd and early 4th quarter.

The oddest part of it all was watching my son yell at the TV screen. He yelled out fouls that the refs missed. He yelled at players for taking a bad shot or playing lousy defense. As if they could hear him, he kept yelling. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. The reason is, I yell at the TV during sporting events. I remember early on when dating my wife, she invited me to her parents house during a NCAA championship game (UNLV and someone) and I told her I couldn't go because I wanted to watch the game and yelled at the TV. She finally convinced me to go (the power of a pretty woman) and I controlled my yelling for the most part. So, when I see my son doing the same thing, I can't help but laugh. He's just trying to help. :)

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I found myself talking to the refs last night myself!