Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Halfway There

It's Wednesday and the work week is half-over. For some, it's a moment of terror as they realize how much must be accomplished in a short amount of time. For others, it's the relief of the weekend to come. I'm not sure where I fall in the mix. I look forward to the weekend but realize that I have much to do and I'll be right back at Wednesday in no time. It's been a hectic week. I did find a new employee to handle the computer issues at work which is great so I have spent most of each day with him. I have reports do in the next few days that I still need to gather a great deal of information on. Push and pull.

In the midst of all of this, we have school issues and extracurricular activities. I can't seem to juggle all the balls as well as I need to but I keep juggling all the same. I look at my wife and see her juggling also while the kids simply march through life bouncing easily from one thing to another. I miss the days of being a child. If they only knew what we know, huh?

I suppose I have made it all sound dreary but there is another view of all of this. We are healthy enough to be doing a lot of things, there are sources of income that allow us to do what we do and there is a desire, if not a passion, for much of what we do. We love each other, we hug and kiss at night and in the morning, we share good times with each other, we laugh together (and at each other), we have an incredible extended family. On top of all of this, we have a Father who is so, so good, we have a Savior who has done infinitely more than we can imagine and we have a church family that is an anchor and support for us.

Someone used to tell me that my life would be what my attitude allowed it to be. I find myself repeating the same message often. I can allow my life to be governed by the attitude that would get caught up in the troubles of the first two paragraphs of this blog or I can choose an attitude that focuses on the good things in life. I think I'll choose the latter and be on my way smiling.

No comments: