Monday, May 29, 2006

The Joyful Sound of Water

We woke up yesterday to find our well tank empty and trouble building pressure. There's nothing much worse than getting up, turning on a faucet and nothing comes out. Add to that the double whammy of it occurring on a Sunday of Memorial Day weekend and it's just not a good thing. Fortunately, we found one well guy who was on vacation in Branson but willing to return our phone call and walk my wife through the process of getting the well up and going. Whew.

We too often take for granted the things we should be thankful for. Running water is one of those items on my list. As we finish the holiday weekend, I hope I will take the time to remember those who have sacrificed for me. Today, our attention turns to the men and women in the armed forces who are serving, who have served and who have gave their lives for the freedoms our country enjoys. Let's all say a prayer for them today.

As a Christian, I'm more thankful for Jesus who sacrificed His live that I can know true freedom. Sadly, I do take this for granted at times, focused on worldly issues instead of what needs to be central in my life, in my thoughts and in my actions. I want to make today and every day a memorial day for my Savior by living for Him.

No comments: