Thursday, March 10, 2011

Loving Wednesdays

The last two Wednesdays have been powerful days for me.  Our Bible study at work has been really good and some people have shown up that let's me know God is at work in hearts in some really awesome ways.  That is followed by our youth class at church which may be the highlight of the week for me already.  (Yes Jacob, it's because you are there!)  Last night we had a special prayer night.  Our kids have named some adults who have stood out to them as mentors, friends and confidantes and those adults were there to pray with the kids or kids prayed with other kids.  It was powerful to watch how people came and went from the classroom as we sang so they could go pray about joys, pains, fears and things they rejoiced over.  It was an emotional time for me to see these young people open up with each other, rely on each other and lift each other up.  It continues to give me hope that the future generation will be more authentic with each other and will live out lives that closely resemble Christ's life.


I love Wednesdays.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: