Monday, March 21, 2011

Anthem, AZ and Yamagata, Japan

Last week I was in Anthem, AZ with 2 of my oldest friends and having a really good time watching some spring training baseball but even more, talking about the old days and the current days, where we've been and where we are going.  We shared stories of our faith and our walk, the ups and downs, highs and lows, things we are convicted of and things we have changed our thinking about and how each of these topics we discussed are bringing us all closer to God.  I love these 2 guys and miss the simpler days when making a basket was our biggest issue but I'm convinced what I love more is hearing them talking about God working in their lives, the transformation he has engineered in them and sharing the same things about me. 

As usual, it was good to get home but I will miss the conversations we had, the faith we shared and the encouragement I gained from them.  The one thing I know is, we are all ready for the day we can make it to the home we look forward to, our home with God for eternity.  Until then, I pray he continues to give us vision and to direct our steps so we are warriors for the kingdom in Anthem, Tyler and Decatur and wherever he might lead us.

I was reading a story about the nuclear crisis in Japan and the reporter was sharing stories of people who couldn't leave the area for one reason or another.  One such person,  Masahiro Sakashita, is the director of an elder care facility with 100 or so bedridden people 15 miles from the reactor.  He and 19 other senior staff members know the outcome does not look promising but he made the call that a minimum staff of older employees would stay while they sent the younger staff members out of the danger zone.  I pray God grants them peace and protects them from danger for risking their lives to take care of others who cannot care for themselves.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: