Monday, July 19, 2010

What's Up?

I've been away for a bit.  I spent a week in Colorado with my kids and while the trip was hampered by some severely painful back issues, I cherished the time with them in the beautiful landscape that God created.  I still think that God put South Fork, Colorado on earth so I would have a small glimpse of how wonderful Heaven will be.


While there, I finished a book co-authored by a good friend, David Terry, entitled The Original Sanctuary.  I was struck by the idea that South Fork has been my original sanctuary, the place I felt I could go that was safe, where I could feel God's presence.  My dream would be to spend a summer or own a house there.  It might never happen but it is the place I always feel closest to God.

I continue to struggle with what God is doing in my life.  A dear friend has reminded me of the saying "what doesn't kill us makes us stronger."  I don't feel stronger but maybe, like working out, it takes time and perseverance to become stronger.  I keep asking God where he is and what, if anything, he is doing in my life.  I read David's words in the Psalms and can understand his questions so clearly.  All the while I experience support and love from so many people and I know it comes from their heart and desire to by the hands and feet of God for me.  Sometimes I can't help but think I need to spend more time exploring my belief that I would have made a great Israelite, someone who keeps seeing God do things and then turning around and wanting more from God done the way I want things done.  He gives me manna while I try to demand prime rib.

Today, I am so very grateful for God's patience with me and His overwhelming forgiveness.

Grace and peace to you.



2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I like the way Jerry Sisler describes seasons of grief. He calls them bad chapters in a good book. I am trying to keep that perspective. Since I am still in the middle of the bad chapter, it is hard to see. But I do believe that is the reality.

Rick Ross said...

Oops. I misspelled his name. It's Jerry Sittser. His book A Grace Disguised is the best I have read on dealing with grief.