Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Observations From Monday

President Obama throws like a girl. 
The Duke/Butler game didn't exactly go off like I imagined.  Butler gets 2 thumbs up from me.
I wonder if Jukes thought he would make a difference in the game before it started?
People wear some some weird stuff to a baseball game.
I wonder if anyone's double guessing their decision to give Feldman a big extension?
Vladamir got some big cheers from the crowd.
I wonder what Josh Hamilton tells an ump when he disagrees with a 3rd strike call?  I don't think it was a Philippians 4:8 moment for Josh. 
I thought it was a bad call too.
Every Rangers home opener should be a bottom of the 9th, come from behind victory.  Wow!
There sure is a lot of roadwork going on to have such bad roads.  I don't get it.
The double-amputee parachutist was great.  We could see the guy jump from a helicopter and then catch the 20mph winds blowing in.  I really thought he might hit the Jumbotron for a minute but it appears he was a professional who knew exactly what he was doing. 
Roger Staubach can still throw a ball.  Way to go Roger!
Nolan Ryan looks funny in a suit to me.  The video clip of him punching Robin Ventura still gets a lot of cheers but I'm guessing Nolan would be happy if they quit showing it.
I saw some people from Decatur one section to my left.
I saw a good friend from college two rows in front of me.
I saw a guy I knew when I lived in Ft. Worth one section to my right.
My neighbor when I was a kid who went on to become Ms. Texas several years ago was playing the Cotton Eyed Joe on her fiddle two sections to my right.
I was tempted to walk every section and see if I knew someone. 
The guy that went with me knew 2 or 3 people from my hometown from his college days and knows one of my old bosses. 
It's a small world and getting smaller.


This blog was all for me and no one else.  Sorry if you are still reading and bored to tears. 


I had some great conversations about God with the guy who was with me.  It's exciting to have conversations like that with people, sharing our faith, sharing our fears, sharing our hopes.  I blessed with great kingdom-people around me.  God is good.


Grace and peace to you.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

Would wearing camo shorts fall into the category of strange clothes? Just wondering.

I did see Obama shooting hoops on Sunday during the NBA halftime segment. The dude can shoot! And he was wearing dress shoes and a pressed shirt and tie!

Jeff said...

Camo shorts are perfectly normal for a baseball game.

Someone else told me about seeing him shooting hoops and making the shots. It just doesn't translate to the baseball field and wearing a White Sox cap was a bit cheesy. I rather him do that than mess up health care though.