Monday, March 30, 2009

Final Four

The Final Four is set. I'm pulling for North Carolina to win it all. I'm often a fan of the coach as much as the team - one reason I'm always pulling for Duke to win - and Roy Williams seems like a good guy. I could pull for Pitino but I haven' t seen his team play one time this year so I'm lost with them. Villanova and UConn are too far north for me to cheer for. Crazy, huh? Go Tar Heels.
___________________________________________________________________

Do you think people still see things from God? Do they see ghosts or angels? Do they have dreams that tell them a story they need to hear? A few years ago, I would not even entertain the idea but through some experiences that have changed my heart, I'm not so sure. Now, let me be clear that I'm not saying it happens. I don't know but I've heard stories of people who see these things and I believe they believe it.

I watched another special on Josh Hamilton last night. At one point, he saw clouds that he believes were symbolizing the fight between good and evil. He also says he had a dream where he was at the Home Run Derby being interviewed by a female reporter...and then it happened.

I do believe that both God and satan can inject themselves in our thoughts (which is why we need the Holy Spirit-supernatural to help us fight with or fight against supernatural) so why can't those thoughts come in dreams or some other form.

I'm treading on dangerous ground, opening up ideas that I have no answers too and far too little understanding. It's something bouncing around in my head causing me to wonder how God can work in our lives.

I do know this. I become a bigger Josh Hamilton fan all the time. He and his wife have fought battles many of us can't understand and they have come through it together standing firm in God's mercy and grace. My hope is that he will continue to succeed and use his platform to spread the good news of a God who loves His children and wants them in a right, reconciled relationship with Him.

May you find the joy and peace today that only comes from God.

3 comments:

amyg said...

Maybe God uses whatever it takes to love us and draw us to Himself. For each of us that may be different because of our temperment, childhood conditioning, education, circumstances, culture, etc... That must mean dreams. Personally, God has never "spoken" to me, but I can trust that He knows exactly how to speak to my heart. BTW, I do not think Satan can read our thoughts and I think that puts christians in a very fearful place to believe that. We are told many times to not fear and that fear is the opposite of love. You use many references to battle and fighting. Does fighting something so hard give it more powere sometimes? Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so sometimes we set ourselves up for failure...just a few thoughts...

Jeff said...

I think the battle is real but I don't live in fear of it because I know God has sent me the Holy Spirit to help me fight the battle. I cannot win the battle on my own and have proven that time and again but when I trust in God, when I allow the Spirit to work in me, I do not have anything to fear.

I think the danger is in thinking the battle isn't raging around me. I believe that is what satan wants so he can draw me away from God. For my life, seeing the battle is what drives me to run to God for His protection, strength and wisdom.

Rick Ross said...

I used to think I KNEW all the answers to questions like you have posed. But I have experienced, and talked to too many others who have also, things that one cannot explain with charts and diagrams. God is too big to fit into any of our explanations.

I filled out a bracket for the tournament for the 1st time this year. I was doing well in my pool until this weekend. I feel off the planet.