Thursday, March 05, 2009

The Story I Woke Up With

Regardless of what I thought about writing today, how could it top the TO news? Yes, the Cowboys are cutting the talented, loud-mouthed receiver. I don't know Terrell Eldorado Owens other than from public appearance. I choose to believe that TO battles a number of problems internally and I believe his desire to win is incredibly high and the collision of the two created the spark that would set him off.

I had hoped the best for TO. He looks like an electric personality with a smile that can brighten up everything around him but he also had a mouth that seems to divide people from the locker room to the talk radio airwaves. I can't help but wonder what Dale Hansen will have to say about it tonight.

I don't know where TO will land but I hope it's a place with a strong-armed, thick-skinned QB. I can't imagine he will slide off into obscurity remembering how he was doing sit-ups in his driveway for reporters while his paid mouth (agent) rambled away before TO signed with the Cowboys. I expect a press conference with lots of fireworks but who knows?

Adios TO. I know Rick Ross will miss you...or maybe not, but good luck in the future. Maybe there is a place that won't have a running back and can throw passes on every play.

2 comments:

Rick Ross said...

I'll miss him like a sore tooth.

Actually, I do agree with you. There is something internal that he is dealing with that I TRULY do hope he finds help for. But that doesn't change the fact that 3 teams have thrown millions at him -- and been internally destroyed. Someone (NFL?) needs to step in and help him.

Melissa Taylor said...

I don't know what the Cowboys will talk about now that T.O. is gone...hmmm, maybe football.