Monday, September 26, 2011

When Is It Time To Move On?

My blogging friends are giving up the business.  It makes me wonder when this blog will have run it's course.  I've considered shutting it down a couple of times - mainly because I feel like I'm saying the same things over and over.  Other times, I feel like new points are being revealed to me and I want to record them to look back on at some point.  

Forgiveness is back on my mind and surrender is on my mind.  A good friend shared a quote with me the other day that has me contemplating how well (or how not so well) I forgive.  Lewis Smedes is attributed with saying, "To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you."  Gandhi said, "The weak can never forgive.  Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."  I don't want to be a prisoner but I do want to be one of the strong.  It s something I still need to work on.

Forgiveness is the power of the cross, it's the final words before death to ourselves and new life.  Jesus exemplified this in his words, "Father, forgive them for the don't know what they are doing."  With that, Jesus was dead and so was the power of darkness over light, the power of bitterness over freedom, the power of hatred over love."  With complete forgiveness comes things that cannot exist without it, it brings life with joy and hope.  I need to forgive better.  I need, I want to forgive as the Lord forgave me (Colossians 3) because I believe it will lead to loving others like the Lord loves, seeing others as the Lord sees, having compassion as the Lord is compassionate, offering hope that the Lord offers me.  Today, I'm praying that I will have the strength and wisdom to forgive completely and freely.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: