Friday, September 16, 2011

Crazy Stuff and Homecoming

The following seems crazy to me:
This was Josey’s eleventh felony conviction, and his second for evading arrest. Other felony convictions include five felony DWIs, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance and two counts of forgery by passing. The earliest conviction dated back to 1989. Sentences from previous convictions totaled more than 57 years, but he always earned an early release. In this case, he will not be eligible for parole until he has served at least half his sentence.
ELEVEN felony convictions and he's out on the streets.  I don't agree with the death penalty but I do agree with "do the crime, do the time" and this guy is constantly doing the crime and seldom doing the time.  Is Rick Perry's stance on crime "kill 'em or let 'em go"?

I'm not a Rick Perry fan.  I've heard good things about him from people I trust but I don't get good feelings about him as a leader.  If it comes down to Perry and Obama, Perry has the edge being from Texas.

Tonight is homecoming in Decatur.  I'm not a big fan of all the hoopla but I know lots of people are and thank their lucky stars they are not like me in many ways.  That said, it's pretty standard for the homecoming game to be played at home.  I was talking to someone about homecoming the other day and asked if they were going to the game.  "I don't know.  It depends on where they are playing."  Hmmm.  I haven't asked but I'm guessing they are playing it at home.  Cracked me up.

In talking with some friends the past few days, it seems we are all run-down; physically, spiritually and emotionally.  I'll end my week with this from Psalm 18, words of David that I want to be living out right now:
  2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield[b] and the horn[c] of my salvation, my stronghold.


Grace and peace to you.

No comments: