Thursday, September 22, 2011

Memories

This ain't a great day for me.  Last night I kept thinking about where I was on the same date many years ago and things I had done on this date.  The memories bring smiles and they bring tears.  

Last year at this time I was at ACU meeting some of the coolest kids I've ever met.  Allelon is their website I'm familiar with.  I'm not sure it's still the one they use but check it out.  It was a day that kept change in my life active.  

My son.  Baseball.  This weekend.  I. Can't. Wait.

Did I mention the Rangers look like they are headed back to the playoffs?  Good stuff.

I hope to do a better job living in what God has given me instead of spending too much time thinking about what Satan has taken away.  I've got so much more from God, so much promise and true hope, so much unconditional love and acceptance for who I am, warts and all.  I want to be better at being open to his presence in my life, every moment of it.  I want to be confident in my walk with him even when people don't understand it, I want to enjoy sabbath time with him even when events, people and my desires want to pull me one way or another, I want to have peace in my time of healing even as my head tells me to press ahead and go places I know deep down my heart isn't ready for.  I want to walk side-by-side with God instead of trying to make my own way in the world.  I've done it well at times and when I do, there is a beauty to my life that I can't describe.  It's where I want to be.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: