Friday, August 26, 2011

Traveling Man

I'm thankful for a safe and fairly uneventful trip. Our plane into Miami was delayed and we had to hustle to meet our connecting flight and wondered if our luggage was hustling as fast as we were and it all worked out. My hotel room in Aracaju may be the darkest room I have ever stayed in. It's odd being in South America because being winter, it's dark at 5:00. They have had a lot of rain and we just missed a big downpour today that was flash flooding some of the streets. Sleep has been elusive and I hope Thursday night's rest is good and prolonged. It always surprises how I miss Texas and feel so far away from everyone when I make a trip like this. Maybe it's because I can't just pick up my phone and make a call or send a text.

I'm not like you. You are not me. I've been struck lately how some people often try to make someone else out to be like them. It's a little perplexing why it happens when it happens and it's a bit frustrating at times. I don't like being treated as if my personality and thoughts and desires are the same as someone else.

Here's hoping for some great days in Aracaju and 5 seemingly short sleeps until I'm back home in my bed and around people I know and love. In the meantime, I pray that God will do powerful things through me and in me while I'm here.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: