Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fly Like An Eagle

I'm headed to Aracaju, Brazil today.  It's a trip I never really enjoy as I start the travel process at 3:00p and will arrive in Aracaju around 3:00 tomorrow but I look forward to being with the people there so much.  I've learned the concept of joy from my friends in Aracaju and the concept of living with much less and enjoying more freedom. 

My baby started her senior year of high school this week.  How did it get here so fast?  Just yesterday, I was walking her into kindergarten holding her hand.  Now she's driving herself and doesn't need Dad so much.  I'm so very proud of her and the young woman she is becoming.

I stretch some analogies to fit my needs.  To that end, while fishing last week I thought about how hard we were working to catch fish.  Relentless is the word I would use when we were in an area with large redfish.  I thought about how diligent we were about catching fish and tried to imagine how relentless God is in his desire to catch us.  God is good and he is faithful and he never stops in his desire or effort to help his sheep remain safe and in the shepherd's care.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: