Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hopefully, I Am In South America

I'm writing this on Tuesday night because I expect I'll be a zombie by the time you are reading it and somewhere between Decatur, TX, Sau Paulo, Brazil and Aracaju, Brazil.  I might be locked down in Miami because of a hurricane or so I hear.  I might be lost in Sau Paulo because GOL! Airlines keeps changing the times of our flight but the new times are the same as the old times.  Very confusing.  I just hope my clean underwear and I wind up in the same place.

I solicit your prayers for my time in Aracaju.  I'm speaking at a meeting Saturday night on a topic I'm qualified to speak about and one that scares me to death to talk about.  I'm praying that God fills me up with wisdom and the words I speak are the words he is wanting to lay on people's hearts.  

The closer I am to leaving the more excited I am about seeing Gilvan and his little boy, Giovanni, my good friend Romeo who is always smiling, Victor and Bela, two of the strongest young Christians I know, Albert and Carol, another young couple with a desire to serve and Bruno and Ricardo, two young men who may have more fire and passion for sharing the Good News than anyone I've ever met.  The joy of the Lord bleeds through there pores, through their smiles and actions and words.  Their eyes are alive when they speak about God and they draw people to them.

Oh, the high is supposed to be in the low-80's the first few days we are there.  Yea!  It stays in the low 70's at night and it might even rain one day.  

The weather will be nice but it's the joy in knowing God exhibited in the lives of the people I will be spending time with that really excites me about what I'm doing.  I'm ready to be infected again by their contagious zeal for the Lord.

Grace and peace to you. 

No comments: