Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Storms and Rough Seas

Another day where I can't get my thoughts into words.  Too much hurt, too much confusion and not enough peace makes writing hard.  Today is just one of those days.

Let's talk Rangers.  They go 10 innings with the Yankees and a future Hall of Fame closer throwing and little-heralded David Murphy drives in the winning run.  Wow!  Cliff Lee is on the mound tonight.  While I wanted to watch one of my favorite shows tonight, as soon as I get home from church the Ranger game will be on and I'll have to try and catch a replay of the show.  I'll be at the game Friday night for the Red Sox.  I can't wait.

How about the airline attendant that opened the emergency chute and took off?  He's being considered a folk hero by some.  Craziness.

That's it.  I haven't watched the news this week and don't know what's going on elsewhere.  Oh yeah, Obama did make a stop in Texas.  I think I'm done with politics. 

If you read this and haven't read Crazy Love yet, go get it.  Everyone I know who has read it thinks it is a great read and very thought-provoking. 

That's all I've got today.

Grace and peace to you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you're having one of those days.

I didn't make it to the 10th last night. Fell asleep after A Rod hit his homer. Glad David Murphy is hot right now. I like him. He's a good ole Texas boy. I hope Vlad can find his bat again.

What's heroic about that flight attendant?


Haven't read Crazy Love yet.

Rick Ross said...

Beverly and I enjoyed the game last night. I especially enjoyed when Michael Young fouled off a pitch, and Beverly yelled, "Straighten it out!"

I think I have flown in a plane with that flight attendant:) Isn't it a shame that so many people in America spend their lives in jobs they hate? I would think that frequently says more about the person than the job.

Maybe the guy could get a job as an on-line service representative for a satellite company. I have spent 8 hours on the phone with them over the last couple of weeks. (Actually, most of them have been REALLY nice).

Kristen said...

Just stumbled across your blog. I love blogs and the honest emotions they can foster. I admire your efforts to share your faith.