Thursday, July 02, 2009

I'm Loving This Cool Weather

Whatever. I'm not sure it will ever be cool again.

Hammerin' Hank hit a 2 run walk off homerun last night and the Rangers beat the Angels 9-7. Francisco doesn't look like he's ready to resume the closer role just yet but the bats are coming alive and the Rangers just took 2 out of 3 with the division leaders.
_________________________________________________________

Do you ever notice Satan blinding you to your own problems? Do you ever notice Satan blinding someone else from their own problems. I think most of us would fit in the second category more than the first because that's what Satan wants to do - get our focus on someone else and their problems.

I want to let God be in control of what I see, not Satan, and I want Him to make me aware of my shortcomings because doing so will draw me closer to Him who can give me the strength to win.

How focused can people be on Michael Jackson, Governor Sanford, Tony Romo and Jessica Simpson or even where the Rangers are in the standings and never examine their own lives? I don't want to live in that world and be caught up in the things that don't really matter. I want to know and see the battle I am engaged in and be focused to fight that battle through the power of my Lord.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I was convicted last night by how many idols come between me and God. Satan makes sure that we are bombarded by them.