Friday, July 24, 2009

End of Week

It's been a crazy week with a baseball tournament going on and me coming and going from the office and working late to keep up. Fun, but crazy.

One of the things I cherish is time spent in Aracaju, Brazil with people who truly know the Lord God. It is always uplifting and encouraging to be with them and I will get the opportunity soon. It will be a blessing for me and I hope I can help them grow stronger in their walk with God.

I think I've mentioned that I have a copy of My Utmost For His Highest written by Oswald Chambers. It's an incredible book of thoughts and devotional ideas and, often, I feel like he knows me when he is writing. There are days that I have to read over and over because his words lead me closer to God each time I read them. I had the book for 2-3 years before I picked it up. I probably wasn't ready to understand the depth of Chamber's writing or the impact it would have on my relationship with God when I got it but I was led back to it at the right time. Powerful.

I'm working with some staff at work on how we see each other and how we treat each other in the hopes of continually going deeper to work on ourselves in an effort to make others better. It's incredible to hear the comments and see the changes as people take on responsibility for choosing how they will treat people and I'm thankful I work in an environment where I can invoke Christ as the example. So many places would limit or condemn the use of Christ and I am more than fortunate to be in a place where that is not the case.

I hope today I can be a living, breathing example of Christ-likeness.

Grace and peace to you.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

I certainly see Jesus in you.

I never cease to be amazed at how pursuing Christlikeness makes each day of the journey of life exciting. I feel like a chunk of marble in which the Sculptor works on this area one day, then that. But slowly and surely, an image begins to emerge.