Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New Day

History was made last night as Barack Obama was elected to be our new President. Now we sit back and wait to find out who he really is. There are those who believe he appeals to the left because that is who he is. Others wonder if he appealed to one group to get elected and will move more to the center to stay there for a second term. Who knows? All I know is the high school still had kids pulling in this morning, plenty of folks are still headed to work and the Starbucks line was backed up 7 cars deep. I am confident there will be a number of new laws that I am not going to be happy with in the coming years but I'm still mystified by what I hear from some people. It was an overwhelming victory and the people of America will get what the majority asked for. Now we find out what that is.
___________________________________________________________________________________

I watched our two 7th grade teams whip up on Bridgeport last night. I figure we better get it where we can this year because the likelihood of it being anywhere near a win for Decatur on Friday is slim. My nephew QB'd one of the 7th grade teams and ran or threw for a bunch of the points scored. Pretty cool stuff for a 12 year old.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Basketball tryouts start on Thursday for 7th graders. I have one that will be out there battling for a position on one of the teams. I think there are about 40 kids trying out for 20 spots so several will go home disappointed. I always hated tryout days.
___________________________________________________________________________________

God is alive and well, powerful and majestic, and ready to work in our lives. That's THE good news for today.

No comments: