Sunday, November 23, 2008

Losses

eHarmony lost a court case last week because they did not provide online matchmaking service for homosexuals. Now they have to or get shut down. That's just crazy. It's a sad day when a business owner can't run his business they way he wants to. And we thought we were a capitalist society.
_______________________________________________________________

Can you believe Tech got blown away like they did? Wow. It makes Zero U look really impressive and that's just sad.

Since I'm speaking about losses, I have to mention West Texas State getting beat by the fightin' Christians (ACU-my alma mater) 93-68. The fans didn't even have time to shout "defense" as fast as those two teams were scoring.
_______________________________________________________________

Several of us lost a friend and example with the loss of Jerry Nicholas on Friday. Jerry and Anna have made an incredible impact on so many people in Decatur and Jerry will certainly be missed. His battle with cancer was fought with such dignity and grace, but most of all, peace. Jerry was a teacher and incredible example to me of being at peace because of what Jerry knew was waiting for him after he left this world.

My prayers are with Anna and their family. Anna has been another example of a loving wife and incredible companion. I heard Jerry refer to her more than once as his angel and she exhibited angelic qualities through good and bad.

I know God has blessed me with Jerry and Anna and I thank Him for their friendship and example of Christ-likeness.

3 comments:

Melissa Taylor said...

We were so sad that we couldn't be at Jerry's service since we are out of town. What a special person he was, and what a special person Anna is. He will certainly be missed.

Rick Ross said...

I agree with you about eHarmony. According to what I read, it is really only a California issue at this point. They settled out of court, and eHarmony has agreed to begin a homosexual matching site in 2009.

Jeff said...

The article I read said it was a settlement from a Vermont court and that the California case is still pending. I wonder if the settlement will take care of the other case (or cases that may come forth).