Sunday, November 13, 2011

JoePa's Condemnation

One guy is alleged to have assaulted multiple kids and another guy is getting all the publicity as the bad guy.  It's just wrong.

First, let me say it doesn't seem Joe Paterno did the right thing from what I have heard.  That's something he'll have to live with the rest of his days.

Second, Jerry Sandusky is the guy in the wrong here and the one that authorities need to focus on to find out what he did and how they can help the victims.  

I was listening to sports radio Friday and a caller came on saying that JoePa should burn in a special place in hell for what he didn't do.  Really?  The condemnation in the caller's voice and words ware harsh and I can't help but wonder how often one person condemns another when the first person isn't even following the greatest command - to love the Lord their God with all their heart, mind and soul.

It's easy to condemn and never look in the mirror.  Is not loving God as bad as someone assaulting a young child?  Sandusky is in the wrong but he's still a child of God.  Paterno is in the wrong but he's still a child of God.  I hope the radio caller remembers Jesus' words about who should cast the first stone.  

Come to think of it, I hope I'll remember it.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: