Thursday, November 10, 2011

I've Lost That Blogging Feeling

My energy and passion for writing my blog is being sucked lifeless by the rest of my life.  

Right now, I'm sitting in the Las Vegas airport wondering if I'll ever get home.  It's been one of those days. I overslept 30 minutes and got to the airport to find out a) my flight was leaving 40 minutes earlier than what I thought and b) the Las Vegas American Airlines people give up your seat 30 minutes before boarding if you're on a free flight and the flight is oversold.  So, they give me a ticket on the next flight out and I proceed to the security area where the TSA agent asks me what name I go by.  I said "Jeff" and he said "so who's Gregory?"  The gate agent issued me the wrong ticket.  I head back to the gate and find out I can't get on that flight but I can get out on the next flight.  Now that flights been delayed for over 2 hours. So, I was supposed to leave at 9:00 and now I'm leaving at 3:20.  The bad part is that I'm missing time with my son which is a killer.

The good part is that I'm getting some school work done on Identity and Culture.  I take a break to look at Yahoo News and see that Wal-Mart is opening at 10:00pm on Thanksgiving night and I immediately wonder what that says about our culture.  We are a people thankful for cheap deals?  I make my living working for a company who gets paid to sell people stuff and it's our job to figure out how to make it easy for them to spend more money with us but I'm very frustrated by retailers doing some of the holiday stuff they do.  Of course, they wouldn't do it if the consumer didn't eat it up so in the end I know where to put the blame which leads me back to the question of who we are.  

And who's we are.

Grace and peace to you.

No comments: