Thursday, March 06, 2008

Total Control

I'm reviewing a software system for one of our entities named Total Control. It will supposedly give me total control over everything we need to do to make the company successful. As I sat in class last night thinking about my relationship with God, I thought it funny that the idea behind the software is often the idea behind how I try to run my life - with total control. Over the years, I think I've done a better job of letting God be in control, trusting that He will guide me through my days but I still find myself in situations where I rush to make a decision instead of stepping back and praying for/waiting on guidance.

I want to give God the control. It doesn't mean I won't make decisions, but instead, that I will make decisions based on His desire for me instead of my desire for myself. I want to surrender my will, my ego, my ways for His will, His love and His ways. I only want to make one decision on my own - to follow God and walk in His paths.

1 comment:

Rick Ross said...

Interesting. We talked about the same thing in the men's class last night. "taking EVERY thought captive" Man, I want to do that!