Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Lonely People

Do you know a lonely person? It's a group of people I feel for. I guy who used to work for us was separated from his wife for a time and I really thought he might go crazy he was so lonely. Another man who works for us now strikes me as being a lonely person. He and I often talk about hunting and where all the quail have gone but he is very guarded when asked anything personal and says little about what he does with his time now. I hope I'm wrong and he's doing great but I feel for him today because I believe he is lonely.

One of the joys we should find in God is never being alone but I know in my life, I have often tried to keep my distance from God while I wallowed in whatever emotion that was prevalent at the time. It wasn't that God didn't want to be near me but that I was attempting to keep my distance from God. I think a lot of loneliness, sorrow, hatred, fear, self-pity and every other emotion could be alleviated from my life if I would always be searching for God instead of turning away from Him.

My hope today is that I will seek Him every day, every hour, every minute and draw Him closer to me instead of doing the opposite.

No comments: